BlueStocking
Re: [XoopsProject] proposal - XOOPS End Users Team

I am not qualified to edit documents, but I am qualified to create the means by which we can have all the edited documents we want or need.

At this point, I NEED everyone who speaks another language to go to the wiki, set up for this purpose, and input information into it IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGE. Not documents, just a my page.

From the >> Module Dev Forge >>| then Dev Wiki >>| translation >>| work in progress - will take you to the main page.
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/phpwiki/

I prefer if you do not fully understand what is involved after reading the instruction, don't worry about it but proceed to the community page where you put in your own page, again IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE.

Look at what Crip has on there and examine the links there. see how they are constructed. Make an effort to create your own page IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE.

I'll worry about getting it into English with a line of code. I know there is enough expertise out there to make this 'ONE WIKI FOR ALL' theory work.

@Giba, pt_ is obvious Portuguese, We must stay with the two letter convention that is universal.

I have it to the point that I am capable of doing it. Much is left to be desired. This is not a 'me' thing for me... it will be an 'all of us' achievement.

Sample code on edit page
Editando o Portal da comunidade da pinta
De Wikipedia
Salto a
navegaçãobusca
Você não é entrado
Seu IP address será gravado nesta página edita a história

[
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fupnrunnin.hypermart.net%2Fxoops03%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DPt_Community_Portal%26action%3Dedit&langpair=en%7Cpt&hl=en&ie=UTF8 Pt_Community_Portal] <br> {{molde: MainPage}} 

Anotar por favor que todas as contribuições a Wikipedia estão consideradas ser liberadas livre sob a licença 1.2 da documentação do GNU (ver o projetoCopyright para detalhes). Se você não quiser sua escrita ser editado mercilessly e redistributed na vontadeentão não a submeter aqui.
Você é também prometendo nos que você escreveu este você mesmoou o copí de um public domain ou de um recurso livre similarNÃO SUBMETER O TRABALHO COPYRIGHTED SEM PERMISSÃO

Sumário

Cancelar editando a ajuda (abre na janela nova

Moldes usados nesta página:
[
b]MoldeMainPage[/b] [color=990000]<< this is where the translation takes placewhich is his writing in Portuguese ready for edit in Portuguese.[/color]

Recuperado de “http://upnrunnin.hypermart.net/xoops03/index.php?title=Pt_Community_Portal”

It is accomplished with the language pair, and the page name, in the code that is written on the page.

IT IS SIMPLE AND IT IS EASY, BUT NOT AT FIRST GLANCE.
It is not being done anywhere else and it takes some study to understand the concept, that every body puts data in their own language and the translation is done by the placement of google code within the document and the use of template:PageName is the mode I am using.

In other wikis you go to the country of origin. In this one we are going to bring English to you, regardless of your native tongue.

Together with the desire, all of us end-users can make it happen; between us, we have the ability, and the resourses, it is just do we have the desire and motivation.
and of course... permission.

BTW: linking to your own homepages is permissable, even encouraged. No one person is above the other here. If someone doesn't like what you wrote they can edit you.
This wiki is for people who use XOOPS, more than for XOOPS who uses people.

Main Page

Community Portal

BTW: this is not Wikipedia, but it was the only name I could think of when naming it was the option. Wikipedia uses the program, and this format so I opted for that name.
IT could have been xoopsapedia.

Note,
What is going on here as an end result is ONE document in any language converted to English. Then that document is readable by any one in any other language. The ability of all persons to go in and edit allows anyone the privledge of cleaning up bad google translations, at their own pace.
Those with dual language abilities I would really like to see involved with this effort.

EDIT: help arrived in the form of Sail-Japan.
Thank you crip. You lightened my load considerably.

The end-users site is officially at this time
http://xoops-end-user.com
BlueStockings
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

BlueStocking

Quote:

I am hoping that we will be able to publish an open list of documentation needs, that community members can contribute to, in terms of writing or editing. But more on that later :)

If you can't get to the document page to upload your end product, it is an exercise in folly.

giba
  • 2007/6/18 15:33

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Much calm in this hour

I am certain that the peoples already had understood that this is a very interesting way and will be able to stimulate the participation of collaborators in other languages.

But BS, we go to wait the positioning of the teams of the documentation with the site and address so that it can be attemped this type of contribution.

We go to wait, ok ?.

Thanks

[pt_br]
Muita calma nesta hora.

Eu tenho certeza que os povos já entenderam que esta é uma maneira muito interessante e poderá incentivar a participa??o de colaboradores em outros idiomas.

Mas BS, vamos aguardar o posicionamento do time da documenta??o com o site e endere?o para que possa ser tentado este tipo de contribui??o.

Vamos aguardar, ok ?

Obrigado.

[/pt_br]

BlueStocking

Giba

I am trying to LEARN HOW TO CODE for this. I am asking for input to accomplish this ends. If nobody wishes to write something in their own language, I do not have a viable resource to convert into English. Therefore my work cannot continue until something else (xoops team/management stuff) is done that does not really relate to what I am doing at all.

Since I cannot speak your language I cannot convey to you the purpose and reason for my need.

I am sorry, that is why I need an area that allows me access to others that understand what I am proposing. Upadaz/Ercilia spoke both languages, she would have understood my purposes and been able to help me without reservation.

There are others within the silent community that can help me with my objective.

Your itentions are good, and loyal but you do not understand what I am about to accomplish alone...

because I did not sign up for a designated team.

None of those teams fit my expertise and I am not willing to commit to a full time job on something that I do not have authority to impliment. When I take something on I do it 24/7 until it is accomplished. Success is achieved when I have worked myself out of a job and I am no longer needed.

The thing about this is.. you are the one that made me realize how important this language barrier is to break.

BS

BlueStocking

Thank you Madfish,
We appreciate your support.

BS
End-user rep
http://www.xoops.net.br/

Your language link.
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.xoops.net.br/

debianus
  • 2007/6/20 20:54

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

A new summary of some very interesting ideas and suggestions:

Quote:

kc0maz wrote:
The end-users / XOOPS customers need a channel to express their likes, dislikes, needs and wants. More often than not more than one person will express similar thoughts, in a different way. We have seen this right here in this very forum. Someone within XOOPS community needs to be listening and compile this information into a meaningful report to the various teams. The development teams must take the requests of the end-users very seriously. There should be some kind of response from the XOOPS Community to let them know that we have heard them, and are working toward a solution.

The Moderators keep the discussions somewhat friendly and on-topic. They also close inactive threads, remove spam messages, etc. It is so very important that the administrators respect the autonomy of the moderators. If a thread needs to be closed, or reopened, the administration should contact the moderators/Community Coordinators, the rest of the items discussed in the moderators' thread could be dealt with after the team is 'officially' formed.

all to often end-users make a request of something that has already been addressed. The Community Coordinators is to help the end-user find answers to their questions, or requests.

The focus of the Community Coordinators is the end-user. If we, as a community, do not listen to the end-user, and address their needs, The XOOPS project will fail. IMHO, The Community Coordination Team is the most important team. They are often the first and only contact end-users have with the XOOPS Community.

Posted here

Quote:
sailjapan wrote:
Actually, I don't see this as a leadership situation really. The end-users don't need leading, they need representation. We are quite able to express for ourselves what we want, but it's the need to make sure that our voices are heard that led me to say that a 'Team' would be good.

Quote:

phppp wrote:
Good ideas.
Most of the missions of the team are covered by "community coordinator" and "advisory team".

However, IMHO, it will be a very good practice if you build the team as a "purely community based and self organized unit" -- Not meant to be opposite with the "official teams" which are reporting to XOOPS Project Council, but to be a users organized and users managed team.
And let's see which is the better way: officially managed or users self organized.

Quote:

Madfish wrote:
I think there could be some merit in having an end-user team, or at least a forum/area dedicated to end-user issues. End users and devs (and administrators!) often see things is a very different way.

As there isn't much risk or effort required to implement this proposal, and as it may be useful, why not try it out? Maybe its value could be reassessed after six months or something to see if people want to continue?

It does not have any sense to speak and to speak but not to make decisions. There are good ideas here but if the same ones are not made, who proposes them it will not wish to post more.

We cannot allow us to lose only a good idea; this one is the last opportunity por Xoops. If the present process of change fails does not have future. Of course, often, there is too much "enthusiasm", "excessive enthusiasm" in the forums.

This must be understood; during long time the project was a black hole. There are a lot of haste, nerves etc; but the changes need their time and the precipitation is bad.
Everything what it has become has not been correct, without a doubt, but just as when a new government get the power grants a term to him to demonstrate of which he is able, the situation today is so desperate that I believe that we can ignore errors certain if in the future results are seen.

Something that can become is the creation of a forum for the end users. Giba,kcOmaz, Madfish and many others are right. I am in agreement with them.

It is something that does not demand effort, single a minute for the administrator of the site, and would allow to shape many ideas of organized way, would allow that many good ideas were not lost inside the sea of the forums.

I believe that the present Teams, that are initiating their activity, cannot take care of that necessity: the Coordination Team has only a candidate; the Advisory-Team, well... are not many news on if it exists or what it is doing.

In addition, the Teams now has a pile of pending work; must do now what it has not become in years, not a normal or regular work. They have so many pending tasks that they cannot be attentive to the users raise or need. More: it would facilitate the work of the Teams. And in any case, it is a test; if it does not work does not lose anything at least has been tried.

In this momento I see difficult to make the suggestion of phppp; it needs a detailed development and indeed it could become in that new forum.

By this I believe that the Council could pronounces on this proposal. Of course, I am only a end-user more and I do not have prestige in the community, but they are many what they ask for it.

If a request becomes, of course, it does not mean that it must be taken care of. But if it is taken in consideration and a decision is adopted, seal as is, and the same one is explained I believe that although Council does not agree, we have intelligence to understand the reasons.
In any case better than silence.
I beg for these reasons an answer.

end-user-rep

RE: by debianus on 2007/6/20 15:54:53
@Debianus:
Maybe we should start a list.

SailJapan
Debianus
and myself
along with...

Giba,kcOmaz, Madfish and many others

As SailJapan said we don't really need a leader or a team we can work/play together as the need arises.

Nice to meet you!!!
It might be nice to make your own new end-user nic, so when we are logged on people will be aware there is some end-user teamwork going on.

May I suggest end-user with a number attached. So we can speak out freely without name calling and letting personalities filter in.

EXAMPLE:
end-user-1001
end-user-0999

and work our way down to number 1
etc.

Just an idea... Guests may feel freer to voice their opinions if their is a procedure for allowing them anomity.
Build the end-users awareness and maybe we will get the forum.

Thanks for your support.

debianus
  • 2007/6/20 22:15

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

Quote:
end-user-rep wrote:
Just an idea... Guests may feel freer to voice their opinions if their is a procedure for allowing them anomity.

I do not agree with you.
I feel frees to express my opinions and I am the person in charge of them.
If I am mistaken, prefer to learn of my errors and to assume my responsibility before the community. If an opinion is expressed with respect, although it can be mistaken it is not a fault.

end-user-rep

IF we had a lounge we could discuss it, though it is not necessary since each person is in charge of their own actions.
I respect your reasoning!

(I was noting the 300+ members online who I don't think have made a post in recent times)

skenow
  • 2007/6/20 23:59

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

end-user-rep wrote:
IF we had a lounge we could discuss it

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=3

Quote:

(I was noting the 300+ members online who I don't think have made a post in recent times)

I was one of those 300 who watches the site and logs in when I wish to make a post.

I notice when you want to be 'Anonymous', you use another login.

Login

Who's Online

285 user(s) are online (201 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 285

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits