Rhomal
Who's Online/NewBB2/AMS error?
  • 2004/12/17 0:26

• Rhomal

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Seem's ever since I upgraded to Newbb2/AMS final my Who's Online block has not been working correctly. When I click on 'more' to see who's where on the site the people are ALWAYS reported as 'news'. Been a issue for days now. I never see people in the forums, gallery, FAQ, etc anymore.

Not sure if this is a related issue with the bb2/ams upgrades I did or something seperate. Any help appreciated.

brash
Re: Who
  • 2004/12/17 1:03

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

AMS only imports data from News to AMS, nothing else so that is not going to be it. NewBB 2 does track users, but from my knowledge should not effect the default XOOPS who's online block. Do you have caching enabled on the who's online block at all?

Rhomal
  • 2004/12/17 2:36

• Rhomal

• Quite a regular

Caching is off on everything, any ideas? Is there a MySQL key I can reset?

brash
  • 2004/12/17 2:53

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Don't know mate . You could try using another "who's Online" block. I find the default one to be pretty unaccurate at the best of times.

Rhomal
  • 2004/12/17 3:13

• Rhomal

• Quite a regular

Any suggestions?

Rhomal
Re: Who's online bug
  • 2004/12/17 22:45

• Rhomal

• Quite a regular

Well after some Q/A testing this seems to be the issue. Used the default whos online block and a custom one I got from the maylay XOOPS site. Both seem to have the following problem. if a user goes off the front page news to any other section either whos online block looses track of them and does not report them.

ie if I have 2 users in news and 2 in the forums and go to the whos online pop up only those in the news will appear.

Any input/help appreciated

jdseymour

I don't know if it is possibly related, but I needed to debug a module recently and along with the errors I was looking for I got these:

[PHP]: main(modules/statistics/include/counter.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file header.php line 31
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening 'modules/statistics/include/counter.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file header.php line 31
Warning [PHP]: main(/home/jseymour/public_html/modules/uservisit/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file footer.php line 81
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening '/home/jseymour/public_html/modules/uservisit/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file footer.php line 81

It looks like they all go to my statistics and who is online modules. I traced the files being called and sure enough they are not there. Should I delete these references? Or, should I find these files?

brash
  • 2004/12/18 0:42

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Sorry Rhomal, completely lost track of this thread

Have a look at ;

Membros Online @ www.xoops.net.br

Membership @ www.xoopsmalaysia.org

Rhomal
  • 2004/12/18 1:06

• Rhomal

• Quite a regular

Quote:

brash wrote:
Sorry Rhomal, completely lost track of this thread

Have a look at ;

Membros Online @ www.xoops.net.br

Membership @ www.xoopsmalaysia.org

erm.. considering I cant read either not sure what there good for..

Login

Who's Online

334 user(s) are online (190 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 334

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits