snoldak924
Moving XOOPS page from one server to another
  • 2004/9/12 18:48

• snoldak924

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/15

I have a XOOPS page perfectly set up on one server, and I want to move it to another server. How would I go about doing this?

lucastds
Re: Moving XOOPS page from one server to another
  • 2004/9/12 20:24

• lucastds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/20

I wrote an article about this at XOOPS Brasil, but it is in Portuguese.

Maybe this can help you:
Translation by Google
Original version (in Portuguese)

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/12 20:27

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Nice tutorial! Recommended!

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/12 21:29

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Should become part of the documentation. I am sure there are a few people out there, that would appreciate easy access to this kind of information.

Update

"Blessed are those that don't know." Just wanted to post this in the XOOPSWiki, which is easily accessible on the XOOPS Documentation Site. The FAQ section 7, has a page 7.7. Moving your site to a new host.

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/12 21:52

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Let's XOOPS choose them...

carnuke
  • 2005/1/3 15:18

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Seems like the wiki has moved ?? and there's a notice on the FAQ section. Thats's news to me...

tiger1vic
  • 2005/1/3 17:45

• tiger1vic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/28

I just finished doing this myself. Mine was already done and working when I saw this post, but I had a look at the instructions mentioned here and that seems to be basically what I did, with one exception.

I found that after moving the database, the site files, and editing mainfile.php, it still didn't work. I fiddled with the paths in mainfile, thinking that was the problem, and I continued to get either an error page or a blank page.

My solution was to run the install again, using the same directory, database, and credentials. I had previously deleted the install directory, so had to upload it to the new server before I could run it. But after running the install, it fixed whatever was wrong and the site now works perfectly. I'm not sure what change it made that mattered, because as far as I can see, the mainfile looks the same as when I manually edited it. However, instead of spending time chasing something that's no longer a problem, I'm satisfied that this worked.

If you use this method, remember to delete the install directory again when you're done.

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits