twitaman
Does anyone use aMember? And how exactly do you link it with your Xoops site?
  • 2005/2/8 16:44

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

I just had aMember (http://membership.cgi-central.net/scripts/amember/) installed on my site by the developer -- I have one (probably very simple question) -- how do you integrate it with your XOOPS site once it's installed? I imagine it's just a simple html link, but where do you put the link? I mean, right now if a user hits login, they still go to the normal XOOPS login page -- how can I change this link so that they go to the aMember page instead.

carnuke
Re: Does anyone use aMember? And how exactly do you link it with your Xoops site?
  • 2005/2/8 18:12

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

In the FAQ section under customisation and modyfying code there are FAQ about changing or adding links to the main menu. This could be one way to link to amember. But think, how are you going to link this with logging into xoops, they are different systems that cant just be joined together. You will need to login twice and have 2 user profile systems.

twitaman
Re: Does anyone use aMember? And how exactly do you link it with your Xoops site?
  • 2005/2/8 18:33

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks, but I found this linkhttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12769&start=170#forumpost137000 on integrating it which I think is what I need, but it seems as if there may have been some changes with XOOPS 2.0.9.2 and the version used in this example because there are some things that seem to work differently.

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
In the FAQ section under customisation and modyfying code there are FAQ about changing or adding links to the main menu. This could be one way to link to amember. But think, how are you going to link this with logging into xoops, they are different systems that cant just be joined together. You will need to login twice and have 2 user profile systems.

carnuke
  • 2005/2/8 18:36

• carnuke

• Home away from home

Thanks for that info Twitaman... now I learned something

Unfortunately, I am not aware of the changes that might prevent this working with the latest version, so we need someone else to come in here ....

Regards, Richard

twitaman
  • 2005/2/8 22:21

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

I just discovered something new and puzzling and I'm not sure what is the culprit. I installed aMember, everything was fine. I installed the new AMS donator module. Fine. I needed to clone my template to modify it so aMember would work.

Now I noticed that I'm getting error messages at the bottom of certain pages (mind you, PHPDebug is not even on). Here are the notices I'm getting:

ON THE BOTTOM OF THE NEWS SUBMIT NEWS PAGE:
Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _FONT_PARAGRAPH - assumed '_FONT_PARAGRAPH' in file class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php line 294
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _FONT_FORMATTED - assumed '_FONT_FORMATTED' in file class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php line 295
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _FONT_PARAGRAPH - assumed '_FONT_PARAGRAPH' in file class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php line 294
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _FONT_FORMATTED - assumed '_FONT_FORMATTED' in file class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php line 295

ON THE BOTTOM OF THE SYSTEM>AMDIN>MODULES PAGE
Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_HEADLINES_NAME already defined in file modules/xoopsheadline/language/english/modinfo.php line 6
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_HEADLINES_DESC already defined in file modules/xoopsheadline/language/english/modinfo.php line 9
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_HEADLINES_BNAME already defined in file modules/xoopsheadline/language/english/modinfo.php line 12
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_HEADLINES_ADMENU1 already defined in file modules/xoopsheadline/language/english/modinfo.php line 15

ON THE BOTTOM OF THE AMS SUBMIT ARTICLE PAGE:
Quote:

I'm running XOOPS 2.0.9.2 it's a fresh install.

carnuke
  • 2005/2/10 17:39

• carnuke

• Home away from home

twitaman
  • 2005/2/10 21:16

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

Just real quick, I DID have PHPDebug on. The site seems to be working fine otherwise! Sorry for the destress call.

Quote:

twitaman wrote:
I just discovered something new and puzzling and I'm not sure what is the culprit. I installed aMember, everything was fine. I installed the new AMS donator module. Fine. I needed to clone my template to modify it so aMember would work.

Now I noticed that I'm getting error messages at the bottom of certain pages (mind you, PHPDebug is not even on). Here are the notices I'm getting:

ON THE BOTTOM OF THE NEWS SUBMIT NEWS PAGE:
Quote:

ON THE BOTTOM OF THE SYSTEM>AMDIN>MODULES PAGE
Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_HEADLINES_NAME already defined in file modules/xoopsheadline/language/english/modinfo.php line 6
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_HEADLINES_DESC already defined in file modules/xoopsheadline/language/english/modinfo.php line 9
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_HEADLINES_BNAME already defined in file modules/xoopsheadline/language/english/modinfo.php line 12
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_HEADLINES_ADMENU1 already defined in file modules/xoopsheadline/language/english/modinfo.php line 15

ON THE BOTTOM OF THE AMS SUBMIT ARTICLE PAGE:
Quote:

I'm running XOOPS 2.0.9.2 it's a fresh install.

tripmon
  • 2005/2/10 22:26

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

Are you aware that they offer a PLUG-IN for XOOPS on their site: (the news article car linked to mentions it in a slightly confusing manner)

http://membership.cgi-central.net/scripts/amember/features.php#cm01

I mention this as there is the amember script (one price) which you can pull your hair out trying to integrate and then, there is the XOOPS plug-in, which synchs XOOPS and amember users for a single log-in.

If you in fact have paid for both just tell the folks at cgi-central to fix it, if not I would suggest the plug-in.

Good luck and hope I'm not stating what you already knew.

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits