jfernau
Hack that should become a feature
  • 2004/2/9 13:47

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

I posted a question a few days ago about what I thought was a hack or undocumented feature of c-jay content. A site that was announced here (http://oakvillechamber.com) is using c-jay content for a lot of it's pages, and is setting the title of the page through the url, like this:http://oakvillechamber.com/modules/cjaycontent/index.php?id=22&title=Home

I thought it was a hack to c-jay content, and posted for help both here and at c-jay.net. The author of c-jay content responded that the hack was not on c-jay content, but on XOOPS itself, as he was able to set the title of any page on the site by adding the variable to the address.

Setting the title to the name of the module is fine for modules that have a single use (forum, gallery, news, etc...), but for modules like wfsection, freecontent, and c-jay content, having the ability to change the name in the browser title would be great. The site I'm working on now has over 20 pages of content generated by c-jay content. It would be nice if every page didn't display "Site Name - Cjay Content - Internet Exploder 6.0", but rather a name that better described the content.

I have pm'd the person who posted the announcement for the site (kjs222), asking how he did it, but have yet to get a response. If anyone could figure this out, I think it would be a great hack to have in the toolbox (I know I'll use the heck out of it), and might be worth adding to future releases.

Comments?

John

chapi
Re: Hack that should become a feature
  • 2004/2/9 13:53

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

You can assign a title to your page with this single line in your modules ...

$xoopsTpl->assign('xoops_pagetitle''My Title');

jfernau
Re: Hack that should become a feature
  • 2004/2/9 14:02

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

I'm new to xoops, so forgive me for being a little slow to comprehend. Is this something that will let me change each page of content genererated by c-jay, or just set one title for all pages generated by c-jay content?

Where do I insert this line?

Thanks!

John

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits