Wishlist for Next XOOPS
From XOOPS Web Application System
After the release of XOOPS 2.0.18, the XOOPS Core Development Team is moving on to XOOPS 2.3 and XOOPS 3.
Keep the essence of XOOPS
For next releases of XOOPS, we will keep the essence of our CMS :
- easy at use (out of the box concept)
- powerfull API/toolbox for developers
- scalable (from personal to heavy traffic websites)
- object oriented
We also will keep the essence of our project :
- community driven (it's at first a community : we believe in the true 'powered by you' concept)
- open source (we recognize the power of knowledge sharing)
- professional (we want to promote quality in everything we do)
Moreover, in these releases, we will work specificaly on those area :
- merge all dev branches into one
- speed display,
- rewritting of basic features : image manager, WYSIWYG, etc.
- compatibility with latest version of PHP/Mysql
- extend the OO orientation and rewritte/improve all parts of core code
For the other features, we would like you to specify your needs and help us to build the detailed roadmap. Let's read below some explanations about next releases /branches goals.
XOOPS 2.3 will be the merge of XOOPS 2.0* and 2.2*, which has been expected by all XOOPS community.
XOOPS 3.0 is the brand-new version of next XOOPS. It would be towards a web application and development platform providing any feature we could imagine, kidding and seriously.
What's the difference between XOOPS 2.3 and 3.0
As explained above, XOOPS 2.3 will mainly be for maintenance while 3.0 will be for creativity, but it is not so clearly separated. A new feature desired in XOOPS 3.0 could be implemented 2.3 experimentally in case necessary.
However, we must be aware that regardless the feature differences:
- XOOPS 3.0 requires PHP 5.2+ and MySQL 5.0+, not supporting PHP 4 or MySQL 3.*/4.*;
- XOOPS 2.3 will be PHP 4 compatible and supporting MySQL 3.23+, as well as experimental implementation of features that not design ready for XOOPS 3.0.
What can I do if I am
- Write down your Wishlist for XOOPS 2.3
- Write down your Wishlist for XOOPS 2.4
- Write down your Wishlist for XOOPS 2.5
- Write down your Wishlist for XOOPS 3.0
- Write down your Wishlist for XOOPS Future
- Get involved in the discussions on XOOPS Development Forum
- Pick up and work on any one from Wishlist for XOOPS 2.3
- Pick up and work on any one from Wishlist for XOOPS 2.4
- Pick up and work on any one from Wishlist for XOOPS 2.5
- Pick up and work on any one from Wishlist for XOOPS 3.0
- Discuss the future of XOOPS